Aloe Vera is an ancient plant known for its medicinal properties and its ability to soothe skin problems, burns, and wounds.
Furthermore, it is also a popular ingredient in many hair care products due to its benefits for the hair and scalp. In this article, we will explore the benefits of aloe vera for hair and how to make an aloe vera shampoo at home .
Benefits of aloe Vera for hair
- Hydration: It is rich in essential nutrients that nourish and moisturize hair, keeping it soft and hydrated.
- Reduces Dandruff: Dandruff can be caused by a variety of factors, such as a dry scalp or inflammation. It contains enzymes that remove dead skin cells and soothe inflammation of the scalp, thus reducing dandruff.
- Strengthening: Aloe vera contains proteins, vitamins and minerals that help strengthen hair and reduce breakage.
- Oil control: It has astringent properties that help control sebum production on the scalp, reducing oil and excess oil.
Homemade Aloe Vera Shampoo
Now that you know the benefits of Aloe Vera for hair, it’s time to learn how to prepare an aloe Vera shampoo at home. Here is the list of ingredients you will need:
- 1 cup of water.
- 1/4 cup of aloe vera gel.
- 1/4 cup liquid castile soap
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- 10 drops of lavender essential oil.
To prepare the shampoo, follow these steps:
- In a bowl, mix the water and aloe vera gel until well combined.
- Add the liquid Castile soap and coconut oil and mix well.
- Add the lavender essential oil and mix again.
- Transfer the mixture to a container with a lid.
To apply aloe vera shampoo, wet your hair and rub a small amount of shampoo into your scalp and hair.
Gently massage for a few minutes, then rinse well with lukewarm water. Repeat if necessary.
Benefits of applying Aloe Vera Shampoo
- Moisturizes and nourishes the hair.
- Reduces dandruff and relieves inflammation of the scalp.
- Strengthens hair and reduces breakage.
- Controls sebum production and reduces oiliness on the scalp.
Medical studies on the benefits of Aloe Vera
Several medical studies have shown the benefits of aloe vera for hair and scalp. A study published in the Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research found that aloe vera gel significantly reduced dandruff and improved scalp health in a group of patients.
Another study, published in the Journal of Dermatological Treatment , found that regular use of aloe vera shampoo improved hair hydration and elasticity , resulting in a reduction in breakage and split ends.
Additionally, several studies have shown that Ii has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which can help reduce inflammation in the scalp and prevent cell damage.
Overall, It is an effective and natural ingredient for hair and scalp care. Preparing an Aloe Vera shampoo at home is easy and can help improve the health and appearance of your hair naturally.
If you have problems with dandruff, dryness or hair breakage, consider trying Aloe Vera shampoo for healthy and beneficial results.
Leave a Reply