- Turkey breast
- 2-4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 garlic clove / minced garlic
- Fresh herbs
You will need to:
- Baking mold
- Meat thermometer (optional)
Follow these steps to cook a turkey breast in the oven
The first step in preparing the roasted turkey breast will be to clean it, removing excess fat. Likewise, there are those who choose to wash the turkey with water before cooking it. However – as it happens if we wash the chicken – this action can increase the proliferation of bacteria therefore, be harmful.
Next, you will have to prepare the mixture with which you will have to season the turkey before taking it to the oven. To do this, you must put margarine in a small bowl and add minced garlic and the minced aromatic herbs that you like the most: Provencal, thyme, rosemary … Mix all the ingredients well until you get a homogeneous, cream-like result.
Spread margarine and herb mixture over turkey breast. To enhance the flavor, gently lift the skin of the turkey breast with a wooden spoon and work the herb mixture between the skin and the breast. Turn it upside down to spread the mixture over the entire breast.
Your turkey is almost ready to take it to the oven, you just need to wrap the breast with aluminum foil , folding the edges to seal the moisture inside. Finally, place it wrapped on the cookie sheet or in a baking dish.
With the oven preheated to 250ºC, you should roast the turkey breast for 15 minutes per kilo of weight or until it is well cooked on the outside and inside. Remember that when opening the aluminum foil you must be very careful not to burn yourself with the steam that it will give off.
As an accompaniment to the roasted turkey breast , you can choose:
- Cooked vegetables
- Mashed potatoes
- Nut sauce
If you want to read more articles similar to How to cook a turkey breast in the oven , we recommend that you enter our Food category .
- To monitor the inside temperature without opening the foil, you can insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the breast through the foil.
- To brown the turkey breast, uncover 15 minutes before the end of the cooking time and leave it until it is a uniform golden hue.
- You must be very careful when removing the turkey breast from the oven, the steam can be very hot.
Leave a Reply