Bread is a staple in a wide variety of cuisines. You can find it anywhere in the world, but its versatility makes it a food with nuances depending on the recipe followed to cook it or the way you want to give it. In addition, cut in different ways and accompanied by a variety of ingredients you can get very varied recipes and for a wide variety of occasions. In this article, we show you a recipe for garlic bread with cheese, two ingredients that go together perfectly to use with bread for starters, appetizers, and accompaniments to main dishes.
If you want to discover how to make garlic bread with cheese, what you can accompany it with and more details about this recipe, we recommend that you keep reading, take note and get to work. You will see how delicious this bread is!
Follow these steps to make cheesy garlic bread
To start making this Garlic Cheese Crisp Bread recipe, first peel and cut the garlic cloves into very small pieces, although you can also use garlic powder.
Take a bowl to prepare the butter and spices dressing . Add the butter and olive oil , mixing both ingredients so that they are well integrated. Then add the rest of the herbs along with the salt. Opt to beat the ingredients with a mixer to make sure they blend well.
To finish mixing all the ingredients, add the peeled and cut garlic at the beginning of the preparation to the bowl and use the mixer again until you obtain a completely homogeneous and white sauce.
Once you have the dressing ready, use it to spread slices of bread. Previously, you must cut the loaf of bread into several slices. They can be of two forms: transversal (montaditos style, leaving the bread base rounded) or longitudinal (as if it were flat slices, as for a small sandwich or panini).
The way to cut the loaf of bread will depend on how you want to use this preparation, that is, as an accompaniment (better longitudinally) or as a starter to nibble (montaditos).
When you have the bread slices spread with the dressing , add the grated cheese and sprinkle a little more parsley and oregano on each slice. Finally, put them in the oven at a temperature of 225 o C for approximately 10 minutes .
At the end of the ten minutes, check that the bread has toasted and the cheese is melted and golden. If you’ve placed the slices on top in the oven, you will get a more browned look, but you will have to keep an eye on them more often not to overdo it and prevent them from burning. Serve the preparation hot and you can already taste the garlic and cheese bread.
- You can eat it as a starter or an aperitif before lunch or dinner, having a beer or any other drink.
- Accompaniment of a barbecue. The combination of garlic bread with cheese and different roast meats works perfectly, being an alternative to the classic slices of bread as it will have much more flavor.
- You can also combine it with a baked fish, but in this case, make the recipe without overusing the garlic, to better enjoy all the flavors on the menu.
- Another possibility is that you accompany these slices of bread with a salad made with many ingredients or light or a simple salad, depending on what you want the most.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to make garlic bread with cheese, we recommend that you enter our Food category.
- Now that you have learned this recipe for garlic bread and gratin cheese, it is important that you know all the benefits and properties that the preparation contains. On the one hand, there are the benefits that the bread itself brings. It is a great source of energy because it contains high levels of carbohydrates. It contains vitamins B2 and B6, magnesium, potassium, iron, and folic acid, helping to regulate the sugar present in the blood. It is a very interesting source of fiber, thus improving constipation problems. It contains antioxidant properties that help stop the aging of cells.
- On the other hand, there are benefits of garlic and olive oil. Garlic is highly effective as an antibiotic, which is why it helps fight many bacteria that cause different diseases. For its part, raw olive oil, in addition to being food of natural origin, contains healing properties: it helps fight diabetes, regulates cholesterol, and delays possible mental deterioration.
- Finally, the benefits of cheese are that the calcium it contains strengthens the health of the bones, its amino acids help the body to function properly, and contribute to the creation of breast milk due to the vitamin B it provides.
- Keep in mind that here we have given you some ideas to accompany the garlic bread with cheese, but that the possibilities are endless. If you want to try something different from our recommendations, when you go to eat this bread, think about what you want to eat the most at the same time and dare to try it, although at first, it may seem that it does not match much, you will surely be surprised for good.
Leave a Reply